Tuesday 9 April 2013

Lifestyle Questionnaire

For my lifestyle questionnaire, I asked 5 16-25 year old females about their general thoughts on music magazines and what they expect when buying one. I asked this group of people because they match my target audience, therefore I would receive more accurate feedback when asking about improvements for my magazine. When asked how much they would be willing to pay for a music magazine, 3 people said £2.00-£3.99, 1 person said £4.00-£5.00 and 1 person said £5.00+. Unsurprisingly, the majority favoured the £2.00-£3.99 price bracket, which is what I expected. These results show that people are generally willing to pay various prices for magazines, probably due to the fact that people have different price budgets or different expectations when it comes to magazines. I also asked the group about the content of a music magazine and how many pages they would expect it to include. 1 person said 50-69 pages, 1 person said 70-89 pages and 3 people said 90+ pages. Again, this result does not surprise me, as i have thoroughly researched music magazines and found that they had between 90 and 160 pages in them.When asked about advertisements in music magazines, the whole group said they would expect to see advertisements relevant to them, for example, concert tickets, festivals and music events or the latest song by their favourite artists. Finally, I asked them about  their music genre preference. 4 people selected 'chart music' as their favourite to listen to, and 1 person selected 'indie rock'. Considering my magazine is a chart music magazine, I was happy with this result as I can rely on the groups' answers to assist me with improvements to my magazine. 
To expand on this information, I asked 2 females to evaluate my front cover in more detail:

Lucy: "The thing that catches my eye mostly on the front cover is the interesting name. '#beat.' I like this because it instantly makes me feel that the magazine is relevant to today and all the things that teenagers are generally interested in- social networking sites like twitter. The bold colours used also draw me in as they are fun and playful - i don't like it when a magazine is too serious and formal. However, I think the front cover looks a bit empty, there needs to be more content to make the magazine look more interesting."

Anna: "This front cover would instantly catch my eye on a shelf full of other magazines due to the name of it and the bright colours. I love the main image as it is quite unusual how the model is partly covering her face, but I see that as a positive thing because it would make me curious and want to read on. It also draws attention to her eyes, which are covered in glitter. I really like the colourful, glittery make-up as it is very girly and powerful, but I do think the spacing of the writing is a bit odd, and it doesn't look like there is much included in the actual magazine- this would put me off reading it."

After reading the evaluation's of my friends, I now know that I need to add more to my front cover to make it more enticing to potential readers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment