Sunday 14 April 2013

Evaluation Question 7


Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
When comparing my preliminary task to my main task, I think I have improved greatly in terms of my understanding of how to appeal to your target audience. Personally, I think that my music magazine looks a lot more professional, compared to my school magazine that looks very basic and undeveloped. In my opinion, I think that this is mainly down to my extensive research for my music magazine and also the fact that when I was creating my school magazine, I was only just learning how to use the software, and therefore had a very basic understanding of what it was capable of doing. Through practice in my preliminary task, I was able to improve my skills and widen my understanding of how important every single component of a magazine is, such as the font you use or the colour scheme included. In my preliminary task, I used the same font throughout the front cover and contents page, just in different sizes. Through research and comparison, I quickly learnt that by using a few different fonts, it can give you an effective and pleasing outcome. I used this knowledge when creating my music magazine, and experimented with different techniques to find out which looked the best. I didn’t know this when doing my school magazine, therefore it didn’t look as good as it could of done, but I think my music magazine looks very impressive considering the facilities and technology I had available to me.
            Through careful planning, I was able to create an exact idea of what I wanted my final outcome to look like, and I am very pleased with the result. I learn from my preliminary task that you can’t just sit down and create the perfect magazine- you have to do extensive research and careful planning to ensure that you have everything you need and have taken into consideration what is actually possible.
Overall, I am very pleased with my final result, as I think it is evident that my skills have grown throughout the project and I have used them to the best of my ability. I put my new-found skills down to plenty of research and planning, and I hope that this is obvious in my finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment