Thursday 7 March 2013

Photoshoot Planning

Photoshoot Planning Sheet

Photoshoot Title:

 Front Cover Main Image, Double Page Spread photos.

Photoshoot Concept:

My magazine focuses on pop and chart music, aimed at females aged 16-25, so the photos I take will have to appeal to that target audience. I will mainly focus on bright colours to create a loud and eye catching front cover.

Aims:

I want to achieve very bright and colourful images, using one of my friends to pose as a famous pop star. I want her to look like she could be a role model to the readers of the magazine by looking cool and fashionable. After taking the photos, I will use Photoshop to adapt the colours and brightness of them- I want them to be seriously eye catching and bright.
Date & Timings:
I will take the photos during the half term( 18th- 25th February)and make sure I take them during the day to ensure I have natural light. I only want a white background in the photos to make the colours on the model stand out even more, so I will not need to book a venue or location.

Location:

I will take the photos against a plain white wall in my house or in school.

Props:

As I want the photos to be as bright and colourful as possible, the only props/costumes I will need are makeup, face paint, glitter etc. I will use items of my own clothing in the photos.

Models:

My friend Lucy will pose as the famous pop star featured in my magazine, as she has blonde hair and I wanted to use the light colour to my advantage.

Team:

My friend Anna will assist me with taking the photos as she does Photography A level and has the right camera. I will do the styling and make up on the model as I have a specific idea of what I want her to look like. (bright makeup, draw on her body with face paint and glitter etc)
Who will help you with the photoshoot - stylist, make-up artist, etc.?

Equipment & Preparation:

I will use my friends camera (Canon 550d) for the photos, however I will not need to use a tripod as I want the pictures taken from various angles. I am taking them during the day so I will probably not need additional lighting either.

Desired Shots (Draw sketches)

Here you should think about the shots you want to capture; think about the camera angles you could use, how you could arrange the lighting, some ideas for compositions, vantage points, use of colour etc. Pre-visualisation of the shoot is key to getting successful images and ensures you have considered the potential of your photoshoot. You may wish to do a storyboard if you want your images to tell a story. What visual communication tricks will you use to ensure your image is strong and your message is clear?

Reference images:








  

No comments:

Post a Comment